Last Updated: Friday, 23rd September 2020
What type of information we collect
- Your activity using the Services
- Personal and ‘Know Your Customer’ information provided on your account
- Information from your communications with us
- Inquiries, bugs, and reports you send to us
- Device information, including IP address and geolocation data
How we use the information
c-Exchange collects and uses the information to provide you with an online platform, aimed at allowing you to purchase and/or sell virtual currency in an easy, fast and safe way, as well as making your experience of using the platform smoother and better. c-Exchange may further use your Personal Information to send you marketing materials regarding the Services.
With whom we share the information
c-Exchange does not rent out or sell your Personal Information. c-Exchange shares Personal Information with third parties only in connection with the Services provided to you, and only with selected trusted third-party service providers. c-Exchange shares with such service providers the minimum information necessary. c-Exchange may also share Personal Information with law enforcement agencies or arbitrators for legal or compliance reasons or in the event of a dispute.
How we protect the information
c-Exchange employs industry-standard practices to ensure the safety of your information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information.
Individuals under the age of 18 are not allowed to use the Services. If you are under the age of 18, you should not provide any Personal Information to us or use or try to use the Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• When you create a c-Exchange account, we'll collect some important details about you such as your name, address, phone number, email, birth date, password, etc.
• Sometimes we need to request more information to verify your identity or to meet legal and regulatory obligations. When that is necessary, you will be prompted to provide such information.
• In the event that c-exchange integrates with other platforms, you may be prompted from time to time to grant c-Exchange access to additional information from such platform (or grant such partner platform access to the information you have provided to c-Exchange). For example, if c-Exchange implements integration with a social media platform, you would have the option of linking your account on that platform to c-Exchange in order to streamline the signup process, populate your contact list or other specified purposes.
When you access or use the c-Exchange site or Services, we may collect some information, including:
Device Information: We collect information about your device, including the type of device (Computer vs. iPhone vs. Android), operating system, mobile phone number, browser type and language, and device identifiers (such as IMEI and MAC address).
Location Information: With your permission, we collect your device location so that we can offer you location-based features such as the ability to send funds to nearby c-Exchange users.
Contacts: To make it easier to send money to your contacts, we will - with your permission - collect information from your phone's address book or other contact lists that you grant us access to (for example, your Facebook friends list).
Photos, Videos & Other Media: If you want to attach photos, videos or other media to your payments, payment requests or other communication using c-exchange, we require access to the photos on your phone. Any photos, videos or other media you attached will be stored and accessible to c-Exchange, but we will never download or store any photos, videos or other media from your phone that aren't attached to payments, payment requests or other communications using c-Exchange.
Message Content: If you include a message with your payments, the content of that message is stored and accessible to c-exchange.
Transactions: We collect information about your payment activity such as the amount, date, time, recipient for each transaction.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
• Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that is associated with you or can be used to identify you. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect all of this information so that we can provide you with a safe and seamless way to make and receive payments. The information we collect allows us to:
• Deliver the full range of payments and functionality of the c-Exchange product Keep in touch with you - whether it be for providing customer service, notifying you of cool new features that have been added to the mobile apps, or providing security notices or information.
• Verify your identity so that we can prevent fraud or unauthorized activity.
• Improve c-Exchange or add new product features by analyzing usage trends.
• Personalize the c-exchange experience by matching product features to things that we think you specifically might be interested in.
• Fulfill any other purpose for which the information was collected. • Deliver the full range of payments and functionality of the c-Exchange product.
• Keep in touch with you - whether it be for providing customer service, notifying you of cool new features that have been added to the mobile apps, or providing security notices or information.
• Verify your identity so that we can prevent fraud or unauthorized activity.
• Improve c-exchange or add new product features by analyzing usage trends.
• Personalize the c-Exchange experience by matching product features to things that we think you specifically might be interested in • Fulfill any other purpose for which the information was collected.
• We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Services, as well as our content and advertising.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
• In order to provide you with the c-exchange product and meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we may share the information we collect as detailed below:
Sharing with Third Parties :
• If you link a debit card, credit card, bank account other payment methods, we will share your account information with our banking partners so that we can process payments. In order to prevent fraud, we will sometimes need to share your information with third-party identity verification services. This lets us make sure you are who you say you are, by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases.
• In order to improve c-Exchange's functionality, we will sometimes share information with service providers that help us analyze how people are using the app. This allows us to refine popular features and improve or eliminate features people don't use.
• As a regulated financial institution, we may need to share your information with law enforcement or government officials. We will only do this when we are compelled to do so by a specific regulation, subpoena, court order or formal request, or we otherwise believe in good faith that we need to share such information to prevent physical harm, financial loss, or are obligated to report illegal activity.
• From time to time c-exchange may partner with other companies ("Partners") to allow you to send and receive money with individuals that are customers of such Partners and not c-exchange. In order to complete these transactions, we will need to share information regarding your account (such as name, email address, phone number and date of birth) with the applicable Partner so they can meet their legal and regulatory obligations. Your information will only be shared with such Partners to the extent you actually transact or interact with customers of such Partners.
• In order to complete third party financial, technical and legal audits of eBitpoint’s operations, we may need to share information about your wallet as part of such review.
Sharing with Third Parties :
Transaction Details: At the risk of stating the obvious, when you send someone a payment or payment request, they will be provided with the details of that transaction, including the payment amount, currency, date, time and a unique transaction ID number.
Messages & Photos: If you attach a message or photo, video or other media to a payment, payment request or other communication using c-Exchange, that information will be visible to the person(s) receiving the payment. You should know that the recipient of a message or photo (or other media) can always save them - so don't send anything you wouldn't want sharing publicly.
Your Identity & Photo: In order for other c-exchange users to transact with you (sending money, receiving money, requesting money, etc.) they will be able to see your full legal name. If you upload a profile photo or avatar to your account, this will also be visible to other c-Exchange users. If we add additional features that allow you to share more identity information, further information may be shared if you opt into such features.
Location: If you have your location enabled in your settings, the location from which a payment was initiated may be visible to the recipient.
Status as a c-Exchange User: Other c-Exchange users may be able to see that you have a c-exchange account. This lets them know they can send you a payment and you will receive it instantly without having to first set up a c-Exchange account.
Sharing of Transactions: In the future, c-exchange may give users the ability to share certain payment information through group payments, a public feed, social media integration or other means. The information may include sender, recipient, date and time of the transaction, avatars, location, media or other information regarding the transaction. If this feature is enabled, you will be able to determine how much information is shared in your account settings or opt-out of sharing information by not using such features.
Other Information: As we add new product features, there may be additional information that is shared with other c-Exchange users. If those new features require sharing any personal information, we'll always get your permission first and will do our best to allow you to disable such features in your account settings. We'll also provide information to other c-exchange users if you specifically request that we share such information.
HOW TO CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
• If you need to add or change any information, you can just log in to your c-exchange account and make the change in your settings. If it doesn't look like you can make the change on your own, just reach out to us and we'll take care of it.
• If you want to know what information we're keeping on you, check out the categories listed above. We can also provide you with a copy of this information, but we won't include any sensitive financial information.
• If you want to close your c-exchange account, know that as a regulated financial institution we are required to retain certain information you have provided for a number of years.